Thursday, October 6, 2011

Delivery: MY BUSINESS CARDS :)

There are times when you love the mailman. Today, I got my business cards, canvas bags, and decal for the car. I bought all of these through Vistaprint and splurged a little. I paid extra for another 500, so I bought a total of 1,000 business cards and I also splurged for glossy and a picture on the inside. Back in July I knew I was going to do this, and here is the execution...




I LOVE THEM!!! I spent about $85 on 1,000 (I got a deal when I ordered 500 to get another 500 for $9.99). I have lowered my book price to $.99 through the holiday season, so to recoup the costs, I would need 242 sales from this batch of business cards. That's one way to calculate the ROI. Another is this....

If I give out the cards to qualified people, people I've talked to about my book, they might buy my book. They might not. But I'm almost certain they will tell someone else "Oh, I met this author the other day." "Oh, who?" And maybe if they have the business card, there is something to jog the memory. Now two people see it. Or, let's say I give my business card, explain the book is $.99 through the holidays, and they buy it. If they like it, they will tell at least one other person. We just do.

So the cards may not result in 242 direct sales. But it helps to get my name out. And if I can leave them in the local Starbucks or library, even better. :)

This is what the inside says:
From the First Chapter of CANCELLED
Tastes of roof tar and rotten fruit filled Johnathan Michaels' mouth. A swish of his tongue couldn't remove the hangover breath from last night. Next to him, an unknown woman slept. Carefully, he nudged her, but she didn't move. Nudging a little harder, her body rolled to the left and liberated his arm. He sat up with mint green sheets tangled between his legs. Definitely naked.
Double checking her identity, his eyes followed past her mop of bottle-blonde hair, down the dip of her lower back, and finally rested on the pleasing rise of a fleshy curve. She looked familiar, but he couldn't place her. He settled on brushing his teeth and taking a shower.
Clean and fresh, he shook a sand colored towel over his head and broad shoulders. Ready to wake her up, yet another surprise awaited him: an empty bed.


A robotics engineer asks his business partner to marry him, but a previous one-night stand is having his baby. CANCELLED is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords WIP: PAST DUE A nurse, crippled by debt, takes a part-time job in medical investigation only to find the man she's dating is a fraud!  (status: outlining)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE these E!! Fantastic. You are brilliant!

    XO,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love Vistaprint? I got postcards of Food of Love to pass out at the Writers Conference where I taught a few weeks ago, so even though it wasn't out yet, people could have the info in their hands. And when they do see the cover for sale, it will look familiar.

    Tempted by those canvas bags and coffee mugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you've done with the space that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing....it's really great info...nice designs..!!!!

    ReplyDelete