Saturday, May 28, 2011

Self-Published Novel: Writing Accountability = #WORDMONGERING

I've been a dead beat for awhile on my novel. Poor, CANCELLED. But, I've recently found a new accountability program for the dead beat writer: #wordmongering. Yep. Put that hashtag into Twitter and you'll find us. A group of writers who start at the top of the hour, write for 30 minutes, then take a break for 30 minutes.

At first I thought this would be very inefficient. But it's not! My first round of 30 minutes I managed exactly 1,000 words. My second round? 1,172. Two thirds of Chapter 12 done.

So now I'm eating some ice cream and watching a NUMB3RS. Suddenly, my deadline of Tuesday for my first draft isn't so ominous...:)

In other news, information is off to my cover artist. Can't wait to show some results from the wonderful Melissa Oyler!



"CANCELLED" arriving Late Summer 2011A robotics engineer asks his business partner to marry him, but a previous one-night stand is having his baby.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog through Twitter. I completely agree with you; #wordmongering is a fantastic tool. I recommend #editmongering as well for editing purposes. :)

    ReplyDelete