Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 4 - Gaining Confidence

It's late, or early depending on how you take it. I suppose since I have slept for 7 hours before my toddler woke me up, it is early. Yesterday, I learned that I can write at any time, any place. In about 45 minutes, I wrote a rough of an entire scene that makes up a block on my story board. With the colors and notes, crossing off a scene is extremely satisfying. It looks like a game board, and I'm playing to win!


I did do a little reading this morning. I am very intrigued by the blogs of J.A. Konrath, and other self-published writers. I'm trying to find romance or women's fiction self-published writers. So far, no luck. This is because while networking with any self-published writer is a good marketing plan, and good for my sanity, it would be best if I did so with other writers in my genre. Not too many suspense, horror, and thriller readers jumping ship to read a romance.


Now that I've decided to stay awake for the day, I will try to get an hour or two of writing in. Today my husband and I are going to a rock concert festival. I'm taking a notebook and pen. With my Henry Higgins hat on, I plan to capture some pieces of dialogue, and work in between bands. This entire weekend, since Friday when I took the day off to take my daughter on her first carousel ride, has been an exercise for me to slow down. I can easily burn myself out if I try to write this novel start to finish day in and day out. While I will not accept failing my publishing date of 8/24/11, I will also not kill the writer inside of me by losing my passion for the craft. 


"Imperfect Timing" arriving Fall 2011. Johnathan Michaels, a robotics engineer, jeopardizes his engagement with his business partner when a previous one-night stand surfaces, carrying his child.

No comments:

Post a Comment