Sunday, November 6, 2011

#ROW80 A Little More Publisher/Marketer Not Enough Writer

This week I've firmly worn my Publisher and Marketer hats while my Writer hat sat in the closet, gathering dust. My Trick or Treat promotion brought over 300 visitors to my author site. And about 10 sales each on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Yes. Each. Then I had the first ever WLC Book Launch that celebrated the release of Melissa Foster's COME BACK TO ME. My book made 18 sales in three days on Amazon, and I catapulted to the ranking high of #12,000 something.

And now I'm back to #48,000 something in Kindle Paid. :) But that's okay. I've moved my price back up to $2.99 from the sale price of $.99, and already sold one copy. This #ROW80 I'm a little adrift, as I couldn't really nail down any goals or finish lines. I have broken some bad habits, such as stalking my sales. So that's good. But I think it's time for re-evaluation.

Today is November 6th.

I want to maintain my Twitter campaign this week.

I want to finish outlining SERVED (yes I'm setback because I have changed books).

November 26th, I want ALL outlining done and writing to commence.

December 4th, I want 10,000 words.

December 18th, I want 30,000 words.

Splashing over into ROW 1 of next year, I want 50,000 words before the start, so I can finish my second book's rough draft by January 25th. Then I need to take time off, and run a few passes at editing, because I have an editor for my next book (YAY).

I am aiming for an April 2012 release. And this means I need to put writing first, marketing second.

A robotics engineer asks his business partner to marry him, but a previous one-night stand is having his baby. CANCELLED is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords WIP: SERVED Two never married parents fight over their toddler's upbringing and moving on with their lives, without each other;(status: outlining)

1 comment:

  1. I think that writing first, marketing second is the best approach for anyone, not only self-publishers ... the best marketing is to have another good book for your readers ;)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete