Monday, August 22, 2011

Small Victory, 30 Days to Publication

Since dancing animals went over so well yesterday, this is for you @Christinenolfi!





I detabbed my manuscript and removed all extra spaces!!! If could Irish line dance, I'd be doing it! :) The above clip is from a show my daughter and I watch called Shaun the Sheep. It's by the same people who do Wallace and Gromit. From a mother's POV, this show is awesome because NO ONE TALKS. Yep. That's right. Everything is communicated through music and sound effects, but no talking. I wrote many scenes of CANCELLED to the background noise of Shaun the Sheep.


It feels awesome to have the file ready for ebook formatting, even though I still need to edit more. I couldn't help myself reading a little as I went along, and man, I'm still in love with this story. I still laugh out loud at parts. It's a little surreal, because *I* wrote it. But when I read it, I feel like it's some other author's work I'm deliciously getting a sneak peek at. (Don't worry, it's really, really mine. I have the 20 plus different files showing the progression of the story, LOL). Anyone one else get that sometimes when they read their own work? Like it's not theirs?


Goals for this week:


Finish up the editing. 


Get my husband to move my reader site to a host so I can get my links straight.


Make reader site 100% ready to go!


Setup a reader email address I'm willing to make public.




"CANCELLED" arriving SEPTEMBER 2011A robotics engineer asks his business partner to marry him, but a previous one-night stand is having his baby.

3 comments:

  1. Shaun the Sheep is a staple at our house too. I love the dancing and the way the farmer grumbles about everything.

    I always feel like I've done it right when I can start reading a story I've written and enjoy it enough that I forget I wrote it. I tell that to my family and they think I've gone over the edge, but after you spend so much time completing multiple passes through every draft and in the end, still like it - that's a good sign.

    Good luck with the rest of your tasks - you're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't come across that show before. I can only imagine how peaceful it is not having a lot of background talking going on while you're trying to edit.

    Sounds like everything is going smoothly with your book. The mini synopsis of Cancelled sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that same experience, when I'm reviewing/editing a story and I so enjoy reading it again. When you hit those parts that make you think, damn, this is good and you surprise yourself. It's a nice little high to counter balance all the time I think I suck...
    I'm loving your site. I have a lot to learn about how to set up my blog. Still a WIP.
    Enjoy always, T

    ReplyDelete