BIG NEWS: I have a cover artist! Suddenly, my release date just got a great deal closer! My cover artist is the wonderfully talented Melissa Oyler. We have some very exciting ideas cooking up between us, so stay tuned!
The title changed because Melissa kept calling my book "Cancelled." Man, that was a lot cooler than "Imperfect Timing." After a brainstorm session and an impromptu poll, "Disengaged" won as the new title. It might seem odd, but picture it with a cancelled wedding invitation on the cover and you'll get the joke.
I am home in South Carolina now. Writing has not been going to plan as I thought it would in Virginia and today. I spent most of today unpacking and getting the house/family ready for Monday. But! I planned out my weekly schedule for the next three weeks as follows:
- 1 hour of house work every morning. (Get it out of the way)
- MWF 30 min of cardio at home, extra 1.5 hours to write.
- Tues Thursday 2 hours at YMCA (weights, travel time)
- Lunch/Eat/Put my little monster down for a nap
- 12-2 More writing
- Outside play with kids (oldest starts standardized testing next week, we're pretty much done with 5th grade)
- Dinner prep, clean kitchen
So I have 12 hours of scheduled writing. I am not scheduling writing hours in the evening/weekends so I can use that time to make up writing time I miss (I have to go grocery shopping and errand running sometime).
Goals for the week: Get 12 hours of writing in. Get cover information to Melissa so she can start her magic.
"Disengaged" arriving Fall 2011. Johnathan Michaels, a robotics engineer, jeopardizes his engagement with his business partner when a previous one-night stand surfaces, carrying his child.